Firmware Version 1.0.3 incorporates the following fix:
1. Corrects a PTP communications vulnerability.
2. Corrects a vulnerability related to firmware update.
Firmware Version 1.0.3 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.2. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.0.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the downloaded compressed file (.zip) is extracted, a firmware folder is created.
*Extracting the downloaded file:
Right-click the zip file, and then select Extract All to extract the file.
The extracted folder contains the firmware (File name: CCF19103.FIR, File size: 32,282,240 bytes), firmware update file (File name: CCF19.DAT, File size: 4,112 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese).
Before starting the firmware update operations, please confirm the contents of the download, and carefully read through the firmware update procedures.
(The following is the history of past firmware updates)
Changes in Version 1.0.2:
1. Improves reliability of communication with external flashes.
Changes in Version 1.0.1:
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which some images captured with the Adobe RGB color space may not successfully transfer to a smartphone.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which some JPEG images, that were converted from RAW images may not successfully transfer to a smartphone.